Grapevine Wreath with Felt Hearts
Create multi-seasonal wreath you can change in a flash!
Hello there =)
It is February 2nd and a miracle has happened in my house. The Christmas wreath has been taken down! I forget about it every year because we don’t use our front door. As I pull out of the driveway I see it and think, I should take that down when I get home… Of course, I always forget. So summer comes along and I open the door for fresh air and am greeted with evergreen boughs and a cheery penguin.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I will make a small commission if you make a purchase. Read my full disclosure policy here.
So I dusted off my trusty grapevine wreath and vowed to make this years door decor different!
I originally bought this wreath to make different felt flowers that I could arrange how I wanted. Why not extend that idea across holidays? One wreath, many options.. perfect! Valentine’s Day is coming up so hearts it is!
[Tweet “1 wreath + seasonal clips = PERFECT! #sarahcelebrates”]
With some felt and double pronged clips, you can create a wreath for any occasion!
First step (after buying your grapevine wreath) is to cut out some hearts. You can free hand your hearts if you’d like. I tried to but they came out different shapes… That’s fine if you can handle that sort of thing. I can’t. Click an image below for a free heart template.
I used the 1 3/4, 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inch heart templates for mine.
The Heart Making Process
- Download and print your template. Or free hand it, whatev’s.
- Cut out your template and select what hearts you’ll be using. I used: 1 3/4, 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inch hearts
- Cut your hearts out of felt.
- Layout your hearts design. I went boring, evenly spaced.
- Choose some thread. I used embroidery floss.
- Sew an ‘X’ to secure the 3 hearts together in one place. And another to hold the other side down. (Yes, part of my small heart is free to flop around. I’m cool with that)
- Make hearts until you can’t make hearts any more!
- Cut a circle out of your extra felt.
- Stick the circle in between the prong clip.
- Apply glue to the back of the clipped circle and adhere to back of heart.
- Check out the awesome job you did.
- Lather, rinse and repeat.
Once your clips are complete, clip to your grapevine wreath! I added some sheer, pink ribbon to add some more color. After Valentine’s Day, remove clips and add the next batch… coming soon!
Supplies I Used for my Grapevine Wreath with Felt Hearts
- Free Heart Template
- White Cardstock Paper
- Grapevine Wreath
- Embroidery Floss
- Double Prong Clips
- Hot Glue Gun
- Decorative Ribbon or other embellishments
Show me your Valentine’s Day wreath or favorite decoration for the holiday!
My wreath was Featured On Create & Share DIY and Recipes over at Miss Mandee Designs! Come see where else Sarah Celebrates has been featured here.