Hello there =)
February is almost over, New Year’s resolutions/goals are either a memory or a raging success and the cold has just about driven you mad. Am I right? Just before you give up on all that you’ve accomplished so far, let’s take a minute and relax…
I got a little overwhelmed last weekend and had to take a step back to relax. With the decision to get my craft on and go nuts to make stuff to show you, I littered my kitchen table with every craft supply imaginable.
Then I got crafters block.
After a mini inner tantrum, I curled up in a ball on the couch, watched my boyfriend play a video game (which inspired some upcoming crafty goodness) and napped on and off for several hours. I woke up calm but the day was gone and nothing was accomplished… I’m going to try and schedule in regular relax time so I don’t end up in a frenzy and wind up wasting the day away (as calming as it was).
With that said, here’s my list of things I like to do to calm the nerves =)
- Get A Massage – My health insurance provides me with a Wellness Card that I can use towards massages and boy do I ever! I try to get one every other month. Just the thought of an upcoming massage is calming.
- Watch My Fish Tank – My house has 3 big fish tanks, so I have my pick. Simply watching the fish swim about and the water falling from the filter can take tension away. I need to do this daily…
- Take A Nap – Work needs to implement a mandatory nap time. Don’t you think? This option is usually reserved for the weekends and are enjoyed immensely.
- Cut Paper – I’m not kidding you. It can’t be random cutting; there has to be some purpose to is. Creating new craft templates, cleaning up the edges of a travelers notebook insert, etc.
- Pin, Pin, Pin – Pinterest is the last corner of the social media world that I don’t optimize (completely) for business and blogging. I do, but not with much purpose. It’s my last safe haven online. I can scroll through pins for days and let the world go around me.
What do you do to relax and escape from the daily grind?
Be sure to check out The List of Lists, updated weekly, to keep up on my #52Lists2015 and find some ideas for your own!