Can you encapsulate your life in a short ten word story? OK. Maybe not your whole life, but a portion of it. Perhaps a special event or the season you’re in right now?
After reading how she was inspired to create a 10 word story and exploring those avenues, I dove into my own.
Taking a page out of Hope’s book, I followed the same path of creation as she did. If it ain’t broke, right?
Creating a Ten Word Story
I started with a list of words and phrase I felt fit who I am right now and how I feel:
need/love to learn
ready to jump
Then I played around with the order of them:
- emotional soul seeks change towards minimalist life and cultivating happy
- soul searching while cultivating a happy life filled with learning
- hopeful heart craving change, ready to jump but needs push
- hopelessly emotional, wanting change to embrace a happy, simple life
I finally settled on:
Creative soul seeks change to fulfill a simple, happy life.
And now to keep the fun going by journaling my ten word story in my Midori traveler’s notebook, passport sized. It’s really helping me justify this purchase… I just have to have ALL the TN’s. ;)
On The Page
- I made a pocket out of the packaging from a recent Baum-kuchen order and their signature masking tape.
- Using VersaFine chalk ink in White Cloud, I quickly stamped some honeycomb shapes. Then ’10 Word’ in Black Magic.
- I wrote my story on a tag and tucked it in the pocket along with a Tim Holtz flash card.
- A few remnant rub-on’s and Big Chat stickers
Quick and simple. Just get it on the page =)
I plan to make this a new journaling practice, creating ten word stories for all the events, moments and seasons of my life.
What is your ten word story? Follow along and share with #10wordstory
This post contains affiliate links.
That means if you click on any of them and make a purchase, I will earn a commission from the companies affiliate program.
You can read more about the brands & companies I work with in the fine print of Sarah Celebrates. Thank you for your support!!