Have You Decorated Yet?
This post contains affiliate links.
Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la! I am so ready to be all festive and junk. A few tokens of holiday cheer made their way out a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and now the rest is coming out. I lost a large bookcase in my living room this year so I’m going to either have to be creative with my decorating or give up some items this Christmas season…
Last year I purchased 3 skeins of yarn that I wanted to use in my holiday decorating. I made a few yarn wrapped trees and started on a wreath which I finished well after the holidays last year. With a lot of yarn left I started making pom poms with my fancy schmancy pom pom making tool. I’ll find some use for them…
I decided on garland =)
Supplies & Tools:
The How To:
1) Decide if you want a spaced out string of garland or if your pom’s will be right next to each other. The latter is more work…
2) Make your pom pom’s (if you haven’t already)
3) If you’re a planner, create a pattern your garland will follow (see below). Not a planner? Skip to the next picture you crazy, fly by the seat of your pants crafter ;)
Once you have all your pom’s and a pattern…
4) String your needle. I found that a plastic needle had a large enough eye to thread yarn.
5) String the pom’s onto the yarn. This will take time. Give a tug on each one as you string it to make sure you really did. I strung a few almost through the center and when I pulled on them they came right off.
6) Hang that pretty little pom pom garland up!
7) Admire your crafty awesomeness =)
Tips & Tricks: On my Easy Pom Pom Making Tool post I said I recommended leaving the tails on your pom’s until you know what you’ll be making with them. Had I left my tails on, I would have just tied the pom poms to the garland string.
This post was featured on the 25 Stunning DIY Christmas Decor Projects Anyone Can Make over at Live Randomly Simple. Thanks Jessica!
Do you enjoy my tutorial collages? You can make your own over at PicMonkey: crazy awesome photo editing
The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.