Jobs I Have Had
52 Lists 2015
Hello there =)
While mapping out how to make crafting and blogging my full time job, I started thinking about all the jobs I had over the years. Nine. I have held nine jobs, some I’m currently still in. Quite a variety of jobs/task too. You’d think with the diversity I’d know what I want to be when I grow up…
Let’s have a look!
1) Santa’s Elf/Helper – For 2 Christmas seasons, I was an elf at Santa’s Workshop at Chestnut Ridge Park. Easy gig for a 13/14 year old. The first year each weekend from after Thanksgiving up until Christmas I sang songs, handed out candy canes and served hot cocoa and cookies.
The second season I was a substitute elf and filled in the Sundays guys were going to the football games. I had even easier gigs that year: hand out “train” tickets and pencils to kids. This year brought about a great memory. One of my students (from an upcoming job) saw me and was convinced I was an elf. Let’s just say she was always on her best behavior around me =)
2) Basket/I.D. Checker – The age of 15 brought about a new seasonal job, public pool basket/ID checker. Nasty, nasty job! Did you know people hover to go number 2 on a public toilet AND if they miss they leave it there??!!! Yes, it happened. Several times.
But on the non gross days, it was a pretty great time. Pizza joint across the street, fridge full of freezie pops courtesy of the head lifeguard and manage and a some cute boys ;)
3) Dance Demonstrator to Assistant to Choreographer/Instructor – When I was 12, the dance studio I had attended since the age of five asked me to be a demonstrator. Basically, I did the steps in front of the students so they had someone to watch and the teacher could observe more closely.
I worked my way up at the dance studio becoming an assistant (more supervising and some creating) and eventually a choreographer/instructor =) I hung up my dancing shoes several years ago; life got busy and the body got tired. I miss it and could see myself as a ballet teacher again someday.
4) Dollar Tree Employee – After high school I applied for the Manager in Training at the local Dollar Tree. I was 2 months shy from 18 which was a requirement for the position. Rats! I did get a cashier position. I spent just about 3 years there.
5) Student Union Manager – I was a Student Union Manager for 4 of my five years at SUNY at Buffalo or one of those people that sit at the information booth. SU Managers were responsible for setting up vendors in the lobby, getting AV equipment ready for events throughout the building and shutting the place down at night.
I have to say, it was one of my favorite jobs =)
6) Commercial Collections Company Employee – Late 2005 and as we speak (read? type?) this is my full time place of employment. I started on the phones, moved to admin work, more advanced admin work, transferred to the finance department, back to admin and here I sit.
It’s an easy job. I have a great boss and a handful of co-workers I love. I don’t know if it’s what I’ll be when I grow up but it certainly makes getting there easier.
7) Celebrating Home Designer – August 2009 I tried my hand at direct sales with Celebrating Home. Loved the discount, not so much the dragging product to peoples houses. I’m a little sad to say that this month I’m letting my account close up. I met a TON of great women that are building business and relationships.
8) Thirty One Gifts Consultant – Again, loved the discount ;)
9) Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams – I started a career with Keller Williams Realty as a real estate agent in 2012. I love it! It’s my business, I can work when I want with who I want. I’m fairly part time right now, but who knows where I’ll be next year!
Whew! That was a lot of jobs! What jobs have you had? Which one was your favorite?
Be sure to check out all of The List of Lists #52Lists2015! It has links to all my lists and maybe you’ll find some inspiration for your lists!