Grapevine Wreath with Felt Hearts
Create multi-seasonal wreath you can change in a flash!
Hello there =)
It is February 2nd and a miracle has happened in my house. The Christmas wreath has been taken down! I forget about it every year because we don’t use our front door. As I pull out of the driveway I see it and think, I should take that down when I get home… Of course, I always forget. So summer comes along and I open the door for fresh air and am greeted with evergreen boughs and a cheery penguin.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I will make a small commission if you make a purchase. Read my full disclosure policy here.
So I dusted off my trusty grapevine wreath and vowed to make this years door decor different!
I originally bought this wreath to make different felt flowers that I could arrange how I wanted. Why not extend that idea across holidays? One wreath, many options.. perfect! Valentine’s Day is coming up so hearts it is!
With some felt and double pronged clips, you can create a wreath for any occasion!
First step (after buying your grapevine wreath) is to cut out some hearts. You can free hand your hearts if you’d like. I tried to but they came out different shapes… That’s fine if you can handle that sort of thing. I can’t. Click an image below for a free heart template.
I used the 1 3/4, 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inch heart templates for mine.
The Heart Making Process
- Download and print your template. Or free hand it, whatev’s.
- Cut out your template and select what hearts you’ll be using. I used: 1 3/4, 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inch hearts
- Cut your hearts out of felt.
- Layout your hearts design. I went boring, evenly spaced.
- Choose some thread. I used embroidery floss.
- Sew an ‘X’ to secure the 3 hearts together in one place. And another to hold the other side down. (Yes, part of my small heart is free to flop around. I’m cool with that)
- Make hearts until you can’t make hearts any more!
- Cut a circle out of your extra felt.
- Stick the circle in between the prong clip.
- Apply glue to the back of the clipped circle and adhere to back of heart.
- Check out the awesome job you did.
- Lather, rinse and repeat.
Once your clips are complete, clip to your grapevine wreath! I added some sheer, pink ribbon to add some more color. After Valentine’s Day, remove clips and add the next batch… coming soon!
Supplies I Used for my Grapevine Wreath with Felt Hearts
- Free Heart Template
- White Cardstock Paper
- Grapevine Wreath
- Embroidery Floss
- Double Prong Clips
- Hot Glue Gun
- Decorative Ribbon or other embellishments
Show me your Valentine’s Day wreath or favorite decoration for the holiday!