Hello there =)
This week I’m sharing some of my favorite books. A book gets labeled a “favorite” if I could read it again knowing how it ends already.
I sat and pondered all the books I have read in my life (excluding mandatory summer reading for school, can’t remember those to save my life) and smiled over the memories of all the characters. I’m sad to say, the list isn’t as long as I thought it would be… but there’s room to grow.
My Favorite Books
#52Lists2015 List 20
- A Fly Went By – A great children’s book that my uncle used to read to me whenever we’d visit. He’d change the names of the characters to be family members and even added to the story. I sneezed once, he said bless you then penciled that in where my sneeze had interupted the story. Read it every time after that =)
- The Secret Garden – It always stimulated my imagination. I recently downloaded it on my Kindle and started reading it again.
- Flowers in the Attic – Who doesn’t love a good trashy VC Andrews novel. My first and favorite.
- Wicked – While the musical is awesome, the book is even better.
- Water For Elephants – I don’t remember much about this one, just that I loved it. So reading it again wouldn’t be bad ;)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain – I’m currently reading this one. I think it’s a book I’ll grow old with. A real heart string tugger.
- Hunger Games Trilogy – I happened upon this one by accident. I had no idea it was a top book. My kindle suggested it (should have been my first clue), downloaded a 3 page sample and was hooked. Got the trilogy on the spot. Even WITH the movies, I’d read it again. All three.
- Tuesdays with Morrie – OK, I think this may have been a required reading for school… I don’t recall. I do know I enjoyed it and I could learn more about life if I read it again.
I’m always looking for a new book to read! What books are your favorite? What do you suggest? Whether they’re from your childhood or today, share them!
Be sure to check out The List of Lists, updated weekly, to keep up on my #52Lists2015 and find some ideas for your own list series!